Cask understands providing ongoing Support – we have customers we have supported for more than a decade.
The Operations and Support (O&S) Phase is where a system is used and supported by users in the field. Cask aids in the execution of a support system that sustains the system in the most cost effective manner possible. We assist in the transition of the original System to include disposal of a system when it has reached its useful life.
A major differentiator during Operations and Support (O&S) Sustainment Phase is identifying root causes and resolutions for safety and critical readiness degrading issues. These efforts include participating in trade studies and decision making relative to changes to the product support package, process improvements, modifications, upgrades, and future increments of the system. All these changes need to consider the operational needs and the remaining expected service life, Interoperability or technology improvements, parts or manufacturing obsolescence, system issues, premature failures, and Joint or service commonality.
Services we provide include:
- Input to Capability Development Document (CDD) for next increment
- Modifications and upgrades to fielded systems
- System Safety Analyses to include Environmental, Safety, Occupational and Health (ESOH) risk analysis, sustaining hazard analyses for the fielded system, and input to the next increment
- Data for In-Service Reviews
- Programmatic Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health Evaluation
- Periodic updates to maintenance procedures through Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis
- Compliance Schedule for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Updated Systems Engineering Plan (SEP)
We also support Major Reviews during the Operations and Support (O&S) Phase – the In-Service Review.